Clinically researched Omega-3 benefits are:
- May help prevent and treat depression and anxiety. EPA seems to be the most effective at fighting depression.
- May help prevent macular degeneration, which can cause vision impairment and blindness. An omega-3 fatty acid called DHA is a major structural component of your eyes’ retinas.
- May reduce the symptoms of ADHD in children. They improve attention and reduce hyperactivity, impulsiveness and aggression.
- May benefit people with metabolic syndrome. Omega-3's may reduce insulin resistance, fight inflammation and improve several heart disease risk factors.
- May help fight several autoimmune diseases, including type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease and psoriasis.
- May reduce the frequency of mood swings and relapses in people with both schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
- May decrease the risk of some types of cancer, including colon, prostate and breast cancer.
- May reduce liver fat in people with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- May improve bone strength and joint health, potentially reducing your risk of osteoporosis and arthritis.
- May reduce menstrual pain and may even be more effective than ibuprofen, an anti-inflammatory drug.
- May improve the length and quality of your sleep.
- May help keep your skin healthy, preventing premature aging and safeguarding against sun damage.
- Omega-3 intake has been associated with a lower risk of asthma in both children and young adults.
- Early research indicates that Omega-3's may help prevent age-related mental decline and Alzheimer's disease.
- Getting enough Omega-3s during pregnancy and early life is crucial for your child’s development. Supplementing is linked to higher intelligence and a lower risk of several diseases.
- Omega-3's improve numerous heart disease risk factors such as: Triglycerides, Blood pressure, Blood clots, Plaque and Inflammation. Omega-3s are known to raise “good” HDL cholesterol levels. Please note that Omega-3 supplements do not seem to reduce your risk of heart attacks or strokes.
Please Note: Hemp Shack (Aust) products are not intended to detect, treat or cure any disease or illness. Although uncommon, if you do experience a reaction to any items in our product range when taken, applied to skin or used in a way not intended, consult medical advice immediately.