Raw Cacao Brownies
Posted on February 10 2022
You don’t have to give up chocolate to feel your best.
WHY WE LOVE IT.
These are our go-to healthy brownies—chewy, nutty and chocolatey—just as they should be. Walnuts and hemp seeds are packed with protein, fibre and vitamins, and dates are a great source of polyphenols—a type of antioxidant. In addition to these brownies being great for you, they are a fantastic way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 1 cup walnuts (can substitute for any nut)
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 2.5 cups dates
- In a food processor, blend the walnuts and hemp seeds until finely ground.
- Add in dates, 2 or so at a time until all have been added.
- Add raw cacao powder and blend until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Press dough into a suitable pan and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Slice into squares (or preferred portions) and serve.